What if my employment is terminated during the lease period or my salary is temporarily suspended?
The employer usually determines how to act in situations where the employment is terminated or salary is temporarily suspended during the lease period in their bicycle benefit policy (in Finnish) .
The terms and conditions set by the employer regarding termination, or
For this reason, we strongly encourage that the employees are required to familiarize themselves and then sign the bicycle benefit policy before beginning their bike order process. Without a bicycle benefit policy, the terms and conditions are not agreed upon in writing and in the event of a dispute, the employer is often at a disadvantage.
Termination of employment
The most common operating model at an end of an employment contract is as follows:
- The employee is obliged to redeem the bike for themselves if the contract ends at the instigation of the employee
- The employee has the right to redeem the bike for themselves if the contract ends at the instigation of the employer
In the event where redeeming the bike is not an option, the employer has the option to return the bike at the termination of the employee's employment contract. GoByBike must be informed at least one month prior to the date of the bike's returnal. In the event where the bike is returned during the lease period, GoByBike will sell the bike forward as they see fit. The employer is responsible for the possible loss/gains of sales. The employer has the right to deduct/compensate the loss/gains of sales to the employee if so agreed upon (i.e. in their bicycle benefit policy).
Suspension of salary
The most common operating model in the event where salary is suspended is as follows:
- In the event where the salary payments are suspended by instigation of the employer, the employer will cover the charges related to the bike benefit for a duration of 90 days at longest
- If the salary is suspended because of some other reason, the employer will cover the charges related to the bike benefit for a duration of 30 days at longest
- The employee has the right to continue using the bicycle benefit even if their salary is suspended by covering all of the charges to their employer for the duration of suspension.
- The employee has the obligation (or right) to redeem the bicycle benefit bike in the event of their salary being suspended if they choose not to keep using the bicycle benefit during the suspension period.
The redemption price of the bicycle benefit bike is affordable to the employee. At the start of their lease period, the employees have been sent a redemption price chart, in which the redemption price of the bike can be seen for each month of the leasing period.
At their employer's discretion, the employee also has the option to return the bike to GoByBike in the event of changes in their employment by following the service agreement terms and conditions.